THE EMBASSY OF THE PHILIPPINES IN KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Note: Clients are reminded to bring their complete sets of documents, including originals and photocopies, for their own convenience.
Personal appearance is required for all passport applications (first-time application, renewal of expired passport, replacement of lost or mutilated passport, amendment of passport, extension of passport) inasmuch as the biometrics of the individual, which includes his/her photograph, fingerprints and signature, will be taken.
For children age 7 years and below, their fingerprints and signature will not be taken; a parent will sign on their behalf.
GET ONLINE APPOINTMENT: click here
Passport Requirements: click here
(first-time application, renewal of expired passport, replacement of lost or mutilated passport, amendment of passport, extension of passport)
Procedures when applying for a Philippine Passport:
1) Proceed to the Consular Section of the Philippine Embassy located at the ground floor, 1 Changkat Kia Peng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur;
2) Get a queue number;
3) Wait for your number to be called at the screen;
4) Proceed to Window 1 and submit the required documents
5) Please wait for your number to be called for the payment;
6) Proceed to Window 3 for the payment;
7) Please wait for your number to be called for the data capturing and encoding at Door 5;
8) If desired, arrange for delivery of the processed passport by mail or courier: Applicants can bring along a pre-paid self-addressed envelope during processing or may make arrangements at any courier services.
DOWNLOAD FORMS HERE (click here)
Release and Claiming:
1) Passports usually arrive from Manila one to two months from the date of application. Wait for the availability of the passport through the Embassy's website http://www.philembassykl.org.my/finder2/searchpassport.php
2) If no prior arrangement for the delivery of the passport has been made, the applicant may personally claim the passport at the Embassy, bringing the official receipt and old passport;
3) Only immediate family members are allowed to get the passport on behalf of the applicant. Immediate family members include father, mother, brother, sister, spouse, and children of legal age:
a. The passport will only be released to an immediate family member with the proper authorization letter.
b. The passport of the minor applicant (17 years old and below) shall be released only to parents or adult siblings or to an authorized representative with Special Power of Authority or Affidavit of Support and Consent. Please bring the old passport of the minor, passport of the parent, official receipt and birth certificate of the minor.
4) The applicant can also request a representative to claim the passport, bringing along the applicant’s old passport, official receipt, duly notarized authorization letter and an identification card/passport of the authorized representative.